Have You Visited 👉 NaijaKnowHow.Com.Ng Today? Another Interesting Blog Also In Our Network.
The blogging business in Nigeria is growing rapidly and it’s evident how many blogs there are in Nigeria and the world at large. It’s nothing but true that blogging can make you a millionaire not overnight but with hard work, intelligence and perseverance.
This article was specially compiled for those that kept on sending in queries on ‘how to make money blogging in Nigeria’. This write up will help you; avoid major mistakes most failed Nigerian bloggers make, and expose the secrets of making huge money while blogging in Nigeria.
NB: the content you’re about to read contains more than 1800 words, so be ready for a serious ride because it’s not for the weak hearted.
STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE MONEY BLOGGING IN NIGERIA
Take note that not everyone will be Linda Ikeji, because she made millions blogging on gist and celebrity gossips literally doesn’t mean you will succeed doing the same. The mistake many bloggers make is blogging on the wrong niche; they practically fail because of this. Have a look at these bloggers and their areas of specializations…
- Makinde Azeez of Naijaloaded.com >> promotes music and music videos of upcoming artiste.
- Nairaland.com >> is an online forum and community.
- Linda Ikeji of lindaikeji.blogspot.com >> blogs on gist and celebrity gossips.
- Yomi of Yomiprof.com >> basically blogs about tech.
- Naijaknowhow.com >> a hub of how to tips on technology.
You should understand that every website/blog falls under a niche and here are lots of niches one can venture in. Examples are, tech, news, celebrity gossips, entertainment, fashion, food, education, health, sports, architecture, accounting and many more. Just find your passion and then follow it, simple!!
Also read how to choose a perfect niche for your blog.
2. CREATE A BLOG
Immediately after finding your area of focus (niche), next is to create a blog where you can share contents so as to reach out to prospective audience. In brief, I will categorize blogs into two… first is, free blog while the other is paid blog.What I meant by free blog is this; you can go straight to wordpress.com or blogger.com to create a “free blog” while the latter is, hosting your blog with money and that’s why I termed it “paid blog”.
Are you new to blogging? Then read this article on how to create a blog or contact me via contact form if you want to build a bespoke blog/website… T&C applies.
3. GET TRAFFIC
Great traffic is the major secret of every successful blog, and when I say “traffic” I don’t mean the traffic along Iyana Ipaja road. What I’m simply saying is get people to start visiting your blog regularly, to do this; write useful and interesting articles on your blog and make sure you’re consistent without giving up.
This process takes a lot of time depending on how serious you are as a blogger. The social media platform can help you exceedingly well on this, imagine the number of people you have as friends on facebook, twitter, Instagram and the likes. The social media is definitely a platform to start building your audiences. Other ways on how to generate traffic on your blog is coming soon!
4. GET TRUST
Am sure you’ll have this strange expression on the face seeing… “GET TRUST”. Yes, trust! Trust simply means ‘confidence in or reliance on some person or quality.’ If you intend to monetize your blog via providing services or selling some items then it’s highly important for you to get your audiences to believe in you, sees you as original and not fake, not scam either.
Why am I saying all this, this is because no Nigerian would spend a penny for a service based on lies so you must try as much as possible to get your traffic to get to trust you! “Get Traffic, Get Trust”
5. MONETIZE IT
Money!!! Money!!! Money!!! Am sure you’ve waited for too long to see this, okay… before you proceed, take note that this won’t work if you have not properly followed step one (1) to three (3) and may be four (4) in some conditions.
Blog monetization is something a lot of bloggers have a headache on; I experienced the same thing too when I started blogging… below contains a full list of ways to monetize your blog or click here for more detailed explanation of the following methods below..
- Sell ads spaces; this is a serious business for those that have massive traffic and/or targeted audience. For instance; a popular tech blog can earn money running targeted ads for a mobile phone company. These banners can be displayed for a month(s) or a specified period agreed upon.
- Online affiliate marketing; this is a form of online business that allows you to earn money referring buyers to buy products sold by any e-commerce company you’re in affiliation with. How online affiliate marketing works is; when you’re in partner with any company (sell products/services online e.g konga, jumia, dealdey, hostgator etc), commission gets to you when a customer you refer via affiliate link ends up purchasing a product from the company in question. Directly on your blog, you can embed affiliate links in ads spaces to display pre designed banners you got from which ever company you’re in affiliation with. Click for more insight on how to make money via online affiliate marketing in Nigeria.
- AdSense; every blogger crave for this because it doesn’t depend on getting commission when people ends up buying just like in affiliate marketing but depends on getting commission when people clicks on ads displayed. Getting AdSense ads to display on your blog can be kind of stressful due to the high level of adherences to google AdSense policies. Google won’t grant your blog AdSense if you haven’t properly followed the AdSense and webmaster’s policies before applying to the AdSense program. Click here for more insight on google AdSense program.
- Product reviews and sponsored post; you can as well help people write product reviews directly on your blog, this is another sweet way of making money blogging in Nigeria. It’s a form of advert where people with new products will pay you to help them promote their products on your blog. Also, sponsored post are posts that aren’t written by you but submitted to be promoted on your blog. This kind of posts require high traffic base on your site.
- Create YouTube videos; this is also a way to make massive wealth by just creating videos and uploading them to YouTube. Dash straight to YouTube, create a new account or login with your existing Gmail account, after uploading a couple of videos you can then submit for video monetization, after your video have been approved for monetization, ads would start popping up and then you can start earning money when people watch your videos on YouTube. You can make this work by always creating relevant posts with the video’s URL embedded in the blog post, allowing you readers to watch them directly on your blog instead of going to watch them on your channel.
- Sell goods/services; with your blog alive and bubbling, the sale of items and rendering services would be very easy, this method will require you to have fulfilled step 1 to 4 successfully. You can go ahead and advertise whatever product you have intended to sell to your customers (blog readers) or services worth paying for. Products and services depend on you to select from.
- Selling of E-books; this is one of the oldest method of making money online via blogging, this method requires you to prepare or compile an e-book containing relevant information that your readers will find interesting and useful. The information contained therein depends solely on you hence; you can go ahead and advertise your e-book to your audience at a reasonable and affordable price but before this will succeed be sure to have succeeded in following step four (4).
You can as well read more detailed explanation on how to monetize your blog.
Also read; other ways on how to make money online in Nigeria.
In conclusion: Don’t let anything stop you from achieving your dream as a blogger; don’t put money ahead of everything. Keeps the hustle going slow and steady and you’d be surprise how the money will come. Blogging takes a lot of time and perseverance; even Linda started blogging way back in 2006 but now, its history! Mind you, these aren’t the only ways of how to make money blogging in Nigeria but for a start, you should try these methods.
The comment box is wide open for questions and opinions, Good luck and happy blogging!
👉 CLICK HERE NOW To Be First To Receive Tech Gist & Latest Tech Updates On BBM!
Recent search terms:
- best make money blog in nigeria
- create a free blog in Nigeria
- create blog for money e g naijaloadef
- how does the money I make from blogging get to my bank account
- how many Nigerians are making money from video blogging?
- how to make money with WordPress com bloggers in Nigeria
- how to succeed in football blogging in Nigeria
- tips for bloggers nigeria
- Who pays d bloggers in nigeria